SERENA'S LITTLE FAMILY

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Kindergarten!

Today was the official beginning of the Kindergarten year and all the children and their families met on the school grounds for orientation. There was coffee and tea, little introductions, and the classes split up with their teachers for an hour. Jackson's teacher is Mrs. Lincoln (below in the pink sweater and skirt).

Rick and Suzanne are visiting and got to come see the school and watch Jackson mingle with his new classmates. I met with the volunteer coordinator and signed up for library duty, every other Tuesday from 8:30 to 12:30. I lucked out - the Kindergarteners come to the library every Tuesday morning to check out books so I'll get to see our boy in his new environment while Frances has some good bonding time with her Papa. And ... it will make the transition to Kindergarten a little easier for me.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The uniform is so cute. Jackson looks so proud. What a big kid. Boy does time fly. Hang in there momma, this is an exciting time.